Saturday, June 16, 2012

First quilt

Here I am at the National Quilt Association Show in Columbus Ohio with my first quilt entered into a national show. No ribbons, of course, but I feel honored and accomplished to even be entered into the quilt show. Upon first entering the quilt show, I wanted to find my quilt, Christmas Pickle. Heck with the best of show quilts. And Where do you think it was? In the very far corner of the room! Anyway, it was such a thrill to see my quilt hanging there, I didn't care. So we worked our way from the back to the front and ended at the best of show quilts at the end of the day. My favorite quilt, besides mine, was Sparkle, Fruitcake Quilt. Probably because I have those fabrics, but she did a wonderfully creative job of using all the fabrics in the Fruitcake line from Moda with Swarovski crystals--and the quilting was fabulous! Great job Sue Hawks. You have my vote for viewers choice. At the end of the day, I was very inspired with ideas, and also purchased fabrics for more quilts! Isn't that what it's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment