Thursday, March 21, 2013

Christmas Pickle Quilt

Christmas Pickle Quilt


After finding a picture of this quilt in an ad, I collected as many different green fabrics as I could find. It is paper pieced and I used the exact pattern from the book. Different greens were specifically selected for each block with red, gold and purple accents. I mitered the gold, red and green borders. The backing is a fabric with green pine needles on cream. Funny thing happened when I blocked the quilt--the red fabrics bled through to the backing. Very carefully, I used a Q-tip dipped in bleach to remove the red. It worked!

Pattern: Christmas Pickle Pattern from Home for the Holidays by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith
Quilting: by Joyce Coburn
Batting: Cotton
Finished: December 22, 2010
Size: 50 x 62
Quilt Shows: 2011 Lake FarmPark Quilt Show in Kirtland, Ohio and 2012 NQS Quilt Show in Columbus, Ohio

2011 Lake FarmPark Quilt Show

No comments:

Post a Comment