Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Health Goals for 2011

Finally setting my goals for year 2011. First off, my health goals and how to achieve them. Of course, like everyone else in the US, I want to lose 10 pounds. Okay, I need to lose 20, but 10 is achievable this year because that is what I lost last year. Last year's goal was 20 pounds, and that is too much for me to lose. So I'm setting 10 pounds as what I think is an attainable goal. Losing ten pounds is ten pounds gone and won't be found. Saying it is easy, but actually working at it, while that is the problem. I will continue to work on strength training and cardio every day by working out at the gym.

Second health goal is to keep my blood pressure under control. Unfortunately, I have had to go on medication to keep my bp at an acceptable level, but that was what I had to do. Keeping my stress level low, not working at a job, cardio everyday for 30 minutes and losing weight wasn't enough. Genetics won out and I'm now on medication. But the issue to keep the bp under control and that's the goal this year.

Lastly, eating more healthy is an important component to the first 2 goals. Due to keeping my sodium intake low, I have had to go back to making all my food from scratch, which is not a bad thing actually. When my kids were little, I did this, keeping their diets free from bad things like preservatives. Little by little, convenience foods become more of a staple and before you know it, they took over my kitchen. No more! Obviously, my body is telling me that I need to begin cooking my own recipes again. With no sodium!

So that's my 3 healthy goals for 2011:
1. Lose 10 pounds.
2. Keep blood pressure under control.
3. Eat more healthy.

What are your healthy goals for 2011?

1 comment:

  1. I want to try to eat more whole foods and try to cut back on diet coke. Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete