Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sparkling Christmas Sampler 2011


Several of my quilt group have participated in BOM (Block of the month) clubs through the local quilt shop and have completed beautiful quilts from it. So last year, we (Pieced By the Master's Hand Quilt Group) decided to create our own BOM quilts. McCall's Quilting published a magazine in 2010, America Quilts for Christmas, and one of the quilts was a sampler quilt. Conveniently divided into twelve star blocks with lots of additional flying geese and smaller star blocks, we assigned each block a month. Together, we worked on a block each month, sewing the smaller blocks on our own time. Several of us used Christmas fabrics, but not all of us.

Thankfully, I selected most of my fabrics from my stash, only purchasing several of the gold fabrics and the border fabric. Here is my quilt, happily finished before Christmas. Our fall quilt show should be spectacular with all twelve completed quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment