Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Afternoon Delight

After being laid off from my job in April 2009, I dug out several WIP (works in progress). Afternoon Delight was one of those. The Quilters had started a log cabin block class, so I was using my floral scraps to make a courthouse steps block. Using a pattern from Relax and Quilt by Leisure Arts, I used light, medium and dark fabrics--all floral, or course--cutting 1 1/2 inch strips. The center of the quilt uses predominately light fabrics, the outside uses medium and dark fabrics. I changed the border to dark purple squares on point. Joyce Coburn quilted it in flowers. Even though I did not use all purple fabrics, the quilt appears purple from the border squares. The outer setting triangles are dark purple fabrics however.

Completed in May 2009. 74 inches x 84 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment